Question

Export SFW server metadata (XML) in UDeliver?

• 8 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Anyone know if there is a way to export the XML of a Service Framework server in UDeliver? Similar to the way you can export the XML of the Definer with the ‘Export metadata’ action?

It would be nice to have a snapshot of the SFW servers as they were at the time of creating the release, so you can restore or inspect that if needed. I suppose yo u could export the relevant tables using an XML.Export(), but I don’t see an easier way.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Marc,

The easiest way is to add an action to one of your release tasks that exports all application data for the Service Definer USERVICE
You may have to add USERVICE to the list of applications first (Define – Applications):

Then you can add an action to a task of your choice, I named it "Back up Repository:

It requires three parameters: Application, Database account and Destination folder.  I Used the predefined Source variable "${release}" to indicate the folder "${release}\appdata". You can also use a custom folder.

When you run this action you will get an XML export with all definitions from the Service Definer.

Regards,

Robert

Ah, that’s a good one, thanks! Only disadvantage in our setup is that we have only one USERVICE application containing the SFW servers for all applications, so each export will contain a lot of irrelevant data. But I’ll see if I can strip that out using an XSL stylesheet.