Question

Execute UDeliver rules service script in UBelndIt

• 12 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to run a database script, which is created in UDeliver, using UBlendIt.

The upgrade script in UDeliver contains multiple SQL statements, so the resulting URE script looks something like:

INSERT INTO ….

;

UPDATE …

;

UBlendIt has the pc:SqlStatement directive, but that requires child elements which are not created by UDeliver. And the sql:SqlStmnt function only accepts a single SQL statement, not a script containing multiple statements.

Short of creating separate upgrade scripts, each with one SQL statement, anyone know of a way to run the multiple-statement script generated by UDeliver?

3 replies

The title should be ‘Execute UDeliver rules service script in UBlendIt’, of course...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Marc,

Your issue is with the Rules Engine. The Rules engine only accepts one statement at a time.
The Rules engine does accept XML or JSON documents with multiple rows, but I assume your SQL statements use conditions.

The Delivery Manager delivers a default deploy script for Data Definition Language. That script calls other tools in order to perform multiple statements. Is that a solution you could use?

Regards,

Robert

The Delivery Manager delivers a default deploy script for Data Definition Language. That script calls other tools in order to perform multiple statements. Is that a solution you could use?

Yes, I think that's the best approach. It is a little extra work creating the release, but this is not a very common use case, so that’s no problem.

Thanks!