Do you want to expand your own knowledge and skills of USoft in a structure, effective way?
Are you looking for the best way to train people to join in a USoft project?
Do you want identify or assess USoft knowledge and skills in yourself or others?
This page is the best place to start! It gives you an overview of :
- Product information.
- Tutorials and courseware.
USoft supplies standard documentation with all its products.
At community.usoft.com, where you are now, you will find a USoft-curated Knowledge Base featuring explanations, tutorials and other resources. In many sections of community.usoft.com, within and outside the Knowledge Base, you will find additional resources and contributions by people external to USoft.
In-product Fields Help
Some USoft applications (USoft Definer, USoft Authorizer...) offer in-product Fields Help. This is instant information on the meaning of a field that you have currently in your screen.
To get in-product Fields Help:
1. Locate the "What's This” button on the icon ribbon just below the menu:
2. Click on the "What's This” button:
Your mouse pointer changes into a pointer with a question mark.
3. Move this mouse pointer to the field that you want assistance on, then single-click on the field.
In-product Property Help
The USoft UI designers (USoft Web Designer and USoft Windows Designer...) offer in-product Property Help for each property of each control. This is instant information on the meaning of a property that you have currently selected in your Property Inspector.
Property Help text appears in a pane with a yellow background at the bottom of the Property Inspector :
To get in-product Property Help:
1. On the control class that has the property, right-mouse-click and choose Property Inspector. The Property Inspector opens.
2. Select the property you want assistance on. The property name is now highlighted by a dark blue colour (see the "Auto Open” property selected in the picture).
3. Locate the Show Help button on the icon ribbon at the top of the Property Inspector:
4. You can toggle this button on and off to display or hide the Property Help text.
Tutorials and courseware
USoft supplies tutorials and courseware for learning how to put the USoft platform to best advantage.
Tutorials in Knowledge Base
At community.usoft.com, where you are now, most sections of the USoft-curated Knowledge Base are tutorials. Just read the articles one-by-one in the order presented. Have USoft open so that you can immediately try them out as a hands-on exercise.
Courseware exercises and solutions
USoft maintains and sells courseware modules that map 1:1 to the different Knowledge Base sections. Courseware is different from Knowledge Base tutorials in that it adds
- slide decks for presentation,
- hands-on exercises and solutions tested against a live sample application that you can install.
Courseware is ideal for training in a classroom setting, but also suitable for online teaching and for self-study.
Please contact your USoft representative or USoft Support for information on how to run courses and tutorials.
USoft issues certificates that indicate your knowledge and skills in the USoft platform.
USoft issues official attendance certificates to those who have successfully attended a courseware module (whether in a classroom situation or online).
The modules that are the subject of attendance certificates map 1:1 to both the courseware modules and the Knowledge Base sections.
Please contact your USoft representative or USoft Support for information on how to run certified courses online or in a classroom.
USoft is planning to organise formal qualification. In the future, it will be possible to qualify for a subject by taking an exam. If you pass the exam, you are issued with a formal qualification. Subjects again map 1:1 to both the courseware modules and the Knowledge Base sections.
USoft is planning to hand out badges to individuals who work with the USoft platform.
- A starter badge will be issued to all those who have acquired USoft and have access to the USoft community.
- A Developer badge will be issued to those who have assembled qualification in the subjects that make up the Developer Track. This badge indicates essential knowledge and skills required to implement a USoft rules-based solution. See the USoft Academy article for details on the Developer Track.
- A Business Rules Specialist badge will be issued to those who have assembled qualification in the subjects that make up the Business Rules Track. This badge indicates that the holder is able to design and execute a USoft project on the basis of business rules, with the special skill of taking responsibility and ownership for rules-based specifications. See the USoft Academy article for details on the Business Rules Track.